W13: “Dear future self…”

Dear future self,

    Hi, I'm Celine from 2022, the year when you are still 20 years old. How is our life? Is everything good? How many years have you been in the social workplace? I hope you get used to it because we all know that we are used to going to bed early and getting up early. Staying up late is something we can't do continuously, we could sleep well when we are in bed before 10pm only. 

    Also, I'm quite curious about my job too, what position is it? in which industry? Are your coworkers and superiors friendly? Most importantly, how much do you earn per month? Hahaha... Hope it is enough for us to spend on things that we like and need.

    By the way, I'm your past, I know I have made a lot of decisions that affect our future. Maybe some are right and some are wrong, are you good with it? If yes, lucky us; If no, just leave it aside. Because it is the decisions we made together in the past, we can't blame anyone, even ourselves. Please remember to give yourself some rest and enjoy the world. 

    For now, my idea is still not to buy any noncurrent assets, just go on a trip directly after saving enough money. Then continue to prepare for the next trip expense after coming back from the last one. Are you still thinking the same way or you have bought a house? If you do, I hope it will earn a lot back when you are selling it.

    I have a feeling that you will be missing the student status very much because the student version of us still does not have too much pressure and responsibility. We just need to take care of ourselves at that time, but totally not that easy in the future. Your mum is old and maybe not be working much already but your sister is still studying in secondary school. Really hope that you can do it just like your mum did in the past.

    I have written a poem for us by using the poor language I have right now, hope you like it. I do believe our language will improve and be great in the future. We are Celine!


Who you are now? 


Who you are?

You are a good daughter,

You are a wonderful sister,

Family is your motivation, do cherish it.


Who you are?

Are you a pastry chef now?

Are you a businesswoman now?

Dreams are the starting point, do follow them.


Who you are?

You are a general person,

You are a graduated student,

Life is hard for everyone, do accept it.


Who you are?

Are you a unique friend now?

Are you a professional worker now?

Goals are hard to achieve, do attempt them.


You are Celine,

You are Zhao Xuan,

You are who you are,

You must be proud of yourself.


    Lastly, you are the future version of me and I'm the past version of you. Do you remember you have written this blog in 2022? Hope your amnesia doesn't get worse after these few years. That is all for now, good luck for both of us, see you in the future!

Figure 1: Photo of your first trip in 2022💗

Sincerely,

Celine Chi Zhao Xuan


Comments