W6: "Dear god..."

 Dear God, 

   "Why life is so hard? ". I have kept asking you this question for years, especially every time I feel depressed about my life. You created us, and it was a beautiful thing, but you also gave each of us unique and exclusive challenges. Are you afraid that we are too lighthearted and happy? Why does everyone else's life seem easier than mine? Now, I'm sorry for my complaint.

    In the third year of junior high school, the school organized us to visit the orphanage on behalf of the school. The orphanage that my class went to is special, it was for children with some disabilities who were abandoned or entrusted by their parents. In addition to preparing donated items in advance, we also prepared programs and games to be performed that day. One of my friends also donated her comic books, and as soon as she put them down, the kids there picked them up and read them right away. Three children had come to tell us that they were happy and excited when they knew we were visiting. On the way back, I realized how lucky it is to have parents who care about you, and I never said that my parents were biased again from that time.   

Figure 1: My certificate for participating in the 30-hour famine camp.

    Besides, I know that I am more fortunate than many people after I joined famine events. It is a 30-hour famine event organized by World Vision yearly for 2-days 1-night. Every activity during the camp simulates the problems and situations some children face. For example, our team members were arrested, they needed to make stars out of paper until the camp organizing committee said to stop. This activity simulates those children who have been caught, being forced to make drugs, if they don't, there will be serious consequences. The main purpose of this camp is to let campers feel what it was like to be hungry and raise money and awareness for children suffering during the famine. So, I have learned that instead of caring about what I don't have, I should cherish the things I have. Because for children in poor and war-torn areas, I have things that they dare not expect, and they may only seek food and clothing without war in their lives.

    Therefore, I believe that going to the orphanage and joining the famine camp are the lessons you want me to learn. So, I enjoy my life in any way it is like right now. But at the same time, why life is so hard for those poor children? Is it the punishment they got in this life for doing something wrong in their previous life? I don't know and have no answer, so I hope to get an answer from you. Besides that, Russia and Ukraine are now in a war, I hope the casualties of the people are not too serious, and I also hope they can stop the war as soon as possible.

    Dear God, did you hear me?

Sincerely,
Celine Chi Zhao Xuan

Comments