W2: “Dear past self...”

Figure 1: Friends who accompany me to be better after the dark moments💗

 Dear past self, 

     Hi, I'm Celine, the 20-year-old limited edition of you. Anyway, I don't know you have been through the tough time that we must face or not, but let me tell you something. Maybe it will help you dispel the dark clouds over your head faster or be mentally prepared for these things to happen. 

    I know I am a person that is very forgetful about bad memories but we encountered bad things in the third year of junior high, and I even thought that I couldn't get out of it. The whole story of it is our classmates misunderstood us twice in our third year of junior high school. They assume we are the ones that informed teachers that they were causing the disruption and using their cellphones in class. We didn't have many friends at the time, and we were being bullied verbally in addition to being outcasted by our classmates. That time, every day at school is a miserable thing for us, we didn't even tell our parents.

    The most helpless thing is that one of my classmates told me that I was being investigated because I was the class treasurer. So, I am the one who will need to go to the teacher's office and Discipline Department frequently, and also is a classmate that didn't do bad things. But that is not the end, the most irritating thing is that this informer was our deputy monitor, and she only came to tell me in the last month of that year. She didn't tell me why she did it, but then she begged me not to expose her because she didn't want to be outcasted like me. During the time I was being excluded, she didn't speak up for me. "Is she telling me the truth now to make herself feel better? I know I have never done it!" These were all I had in mind at the time, but I didn't tell the class in the end because most of them left school because of poor grades.

    The past of myself, I don't know if you have experienced this or not, and will you make the same decision as me. Just want to tell you know that I didn't let this memory go completely, for now, I reduced the number of times I mentioned it. A scar is a scar, you can still feel it after stitching it up. But, please promise me that you will be positive and grateful for your future because new friends are waiting for you there. They will lead us to successfully put down our inferiority complex and open our hearts to ourselves. Trust me, you will love your future.

    That is all for now, see you next time!

Sincerely,

Celine Chi Zhao Xuan





Comments